• The Swamp

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #49780  by PepperPeanut
 Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm
Since the huge influx of shit-posters from the comments have descended upon the forums in an attempt to ruin them as they had previously done the comments, I've decided that they are welcome here, but only in the swamp.

The Swamp was originally created with them in mind anyway, but for the time being, they will be quarantined there.

For those whose lives are dedicated to talking about Brian's weight, saying "cock" and otherwise just living to try to clog the forums with inanity, this is what the forums will look like now:

For those of you who would prefer to no longer see The Swamp, I'll gladly remove it from your field of view (it will no longer show up in the "Newest Posts" widget either) and you can just assume for the rest of your life that Brian is still in-fact an overweight man.
PotatoFarmer liked this
 #49790  by MentalMidget
 Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 pm
Seriously?? Banning people from taking part in all the different discussion except for the swamp to make the four regular forum users happy? Cmon man I've read some of the "intelligent" discussions that the non front page users make on the different sections of the forum and some of it is worse than people saying Brian is fat lol. And then to top is off having the snowflake princesses being able to have the swamp blocked so their feelings aren't hurt? Your power trip is hilarious and you're just proving to everyone that the decision to change the comments and all this other bullshit is your idea and not the high ups like you said. Why not just delete the Brian comments instead of banning people completely from talking.
ZUTD liked this
 #49792  by PepperPeanut
 Mon May 15, 2017 6:29 pm
MentalMidget wrote:
Seriously?? Banning people from taking part in all the different discussion except for the swamp to make the four regular forum users happy? Cmon man I've read some of the "intelligent" discussions that the non front page users make on the different sections of the forum and some of it is worse than people saying Brian is fat lol. And then to top is off having the snowflake princesses being able to have the swamp blocked so their feelings aren't hurt? Your power trip is hilarious and you're just proving to everyone that the decision to change the comments and all this other bullshit is your idea and not the high ups like you said. Why not just delete the Brian comments instead of banning people completely from talking.
There are people whose sole intention is to clog up the forums and piss off other users because they're upset that the comments were changed. Instead of just banning them, I've decided to quarantine them.

And when did I say that it wasn't my idea to clean up the comments? It was 100% my idea to clean them up. I had gotten pressure to do it for a long time, but it was my call to make and I stand by the decision to do it.

BTW, I don't think people are snowflakes because they're not amused by try-hard trolling.
PotatoFarmer liked this
 #49794  by MentalMidget
 Mon May 15, 2017 6:34 pm
Dudes like tim_kerr comment solely to piss people off in the forum. You said in the chat that it wasn't your idea it was the bosses ideas because of your survey.
 #49795  by PepperPeanut
 Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 pm
MentalMidget wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 6:34 pm
Dudes like tim_kerr comment solely to piss people off in the forum. You said in the chat that it wasn't your idea it was the bosses ideas because of your survey.
I absolutely did not say that.

I know someone on staff had told people that, but it's not true, and I asked him to stop.

It's something I considered for a long time, and was specifically why I made that survey. Not the other way around.
 #49796  by MentalMidget
 Mon May 15, 2017 6:41 pm
Why not just ban every other forum user who offends anyone then? I'm reading through the top 5 forum posters comments and that shit is worst than Brian comments.
 #49805  by Hakik
 Mon May 15, 2017 7:35 pm
MentalMidget wrote:
That's how the forum has always been. The Swamp section has always been for personal drama and for the toxic waste of the forum. At least instead of banning people completely, he's letting them just hang out in the swamp.

And everything that's not in the Swamp, doesn't have to be intelligent either. Calm the fuck down man.
Concerno, PepperPeanut liked this
 #49806  by andrewryan69
 Mon May 15, 2017 7:42 pm
Hakik wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 7:35 pm
MentalMidget wrote:
That's how the forum has always been. The Swamp section has always been for personal drama and for the toxic waste of the forum. At least instead of banning people completely, he's letting them just hang out in the swamp.

And everything that's not in the Swamp, doesn't have to be intelligent either. Calm the fuck down man.
Tim_Kerr liked this
 #49825  by FAT_ALERT
 Mon May 15, 2017 9:08 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm
Since the huge influx of shit-posters from the comments have descended upon the forums in an attempt to ruin them as they had previously done the comments, I've decided that they are welcome here, but only in the swamp.

The Swamp was originally created with them in mind anyway, but for the time being, they will be quarantined there.

For those whose lives are dedicated to talking about Brian's weight, saying "cock" and otherwise just living to try to clog the forums with inanity, this is what the forums will look like now:

For those of you who would prefer to no longer see The Swamp, I'll gladly remove it from your field of view (it will no longer show up in the "Newest Posts" widget either) and you can just assume for the rest of your life that Brian is still in-fact an overweight man.

PP, I actually like the idea of the swamp. It is a step closer to realizing the special comments section for shit posters in an early workable iteration.
PepperPeanut liked this