• Are Women really this retarded?

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #50219  by PlusCaChange
 Thu May 18, 2017 5:57 am
I'd say the women being more conflicted is the biggest difference in men and women when it comes to relations with the opposite sex. Not that there aren't conflicted men as well, but the problem is more common in women. They want mutually exclusive things and deal with that in a number of irrational ways, as you'd expect. Relationships are essentially a transaction and women are generally in the worse bargaining position, which is why many work so hard to pretend they aren't or shouldn't be.

As to '50 Shades of Gray', I'd say that's about resolving one of the common conflicts women have. One to do with power as much as sex. The thrill is not in being the victim, it's in associating simultaneously with the victim and her controller. It's quite common for women to want a high status man, who is by definition uncontrollable and at the same time want to control the relationship. This conflict used to be resolved dramatically by imagining a man who though high status was so enthralled by the attractive powers of the heroine or imbued with social moral norms that he was controlled despite his status but imagining such a man has come to seem trite or unrealistic. In '50 Shades' you have the elements of high status, high value male and total control, The women who read and are excited by it are getting their vicarious thrill as much through the man's experience as the woman's.
 #50244  by Concerno
 Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 am
Lawful Good: @PepperPeanut
Neutral Good: @Concerno
Chaotic Good: @Anthrax666
Lawful Neutral: nobody
True Neutral: @PlusCaChange
Chaotic Neutral: the entire front page
Lawful Evil: nobody
Neutral Evil: @Demeter
Chaotic Evil: @almostapathetic
 #50248  by DoctorZen
 Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 am
Concerno wrote:
My last D&D char was Lawful Evil. Tiefling Fire Sorcerer by the name of Haer'Dalis.

And I think my role in the hosputal is pretty Lawful Neutral. Because I'm not helping anyone, just slicing up the dead and looking through scopes.
Concerno liked this
 #50249  by almostapathetic
 Thu May 18, 2017 7:58 am
Concerno wrote:
A chaotic evil character tends to have no respect for rules, other people's lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel.
Only when it involves the vegan cunt. Funny 'cause irl I'm a total sweetheart.
Concerno liked this
 #50250  by Concerno
DoctorZen wrote:
Concerno wrote:
My last D&D char was Lawful Evil. Tiefling Fire Sorcerer by the name of Haer'Dalis.

And I think my role in the hosputal is pretty Lawful Neutral. Because I'm not helping anyone, just slicing up the dead and looking through scopes.
Baldur's Gate fan?
DoctorZen liked this
 #50251  by DoctorZen
 Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 am
Concerno wrote:
DoctorZen wrote:
Concerno wrote:

Baldur's Gate fan?
Yup. Love the game(s)