• Adulting

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #55752  by Hakik
 Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 am
If I hear that shit thrown out again, I'm gonna shoot someone.

A lot of my friends and co-workers love talking about "adulting", which is basically doing grown up things, like it's some kind of funny quirky thing.

Their "adulting" conversations are always about food being expensive and having to eat cereals for dinner, having to pay rent, bills being late, having housemates/roommates, having part time jobs, struggling to start a career, having to go back to school, student loans, debts, and mental conditions/medication.

None of which I can relate to. I'm just sitting there quietly listening to their shitbox cars falling apart, and how they won't be able to take their one vacation for the year to some sewage pond. And I'm just keeping my mouth shut, not telling them about my upcoming trip to Dubai.

They even use the word "adulting" for just doing mundane tasks like laundry.

It also seems like everyone is in school, even in their late 20s, early 30s. I even got friends from college who are going to school. I'm like wtf, you graduated with me. I'm starting to have a hard time relating to my generation, or I'm hanging out with the wrong people.
PepperPeanut liked this
 #55758  by SkeetDixon
 Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:40 pm
I hate to admit it, but this sounds like a stereotypical online dating profile for a 20-something woman. "When I'm not adulting, I typically like to.......... I'm going back to to school to become a ................."

It sounds like you manage a call-center or oversee collections for some bank. There is no shortage of 20-something, college "educated" twits running around those kind of jobs. As you probably already know, most of these people are unintelligent, irresponsible, immature, and unaccountable. I'll bet you fire them all the time. I'd also guess that more often than not it is people that don't have college degrees that are more capable, reliable, and able to assume leadership roles. That is not a coincidence. College is becoming a daycare center for not especially capable young adults.

I don't know what's worse, these type of juvenile conversations or people talking about their shitlord kids?
 #55762  by cunnalingus
 Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm
I don't mean to brag or anything, but sometimes when i'm grocery shopping with the wife I like to splurge and buy the brand name stuff.
joecaca liked this
 #55763  by kocher
 Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:03 pm
I thought this was reserved for white college girls that just filled out their first W-4. You've been people above the age of 22 saying this?
 #55870  by DoctorZen
 Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:34 pm
I adulted last night, 5 times. My bedroom is a mess.
cunnalingus liked this
 #56253  by Concerno
 Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:13 pm
I have no money either. I have a few degrees, though. Pity I can't eat them.
joecaca liked this
 #56320  by cunnalingus
 Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:31 am
Concerno wrote:
Anything is food if you're hungry enough. I mean shit, look what Demeter eats. Twigs and dirt and shit
hankhill3 liked this
 #56337  by Concerno
 Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:30 am
cunnalingus wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:31 am
Concerno wrote:
Anything is food if you're hungry enough. I mean shit, look what Demeter eats. Twigs and dirt and shit
I know. I know how to survive on a low income by now. I grow some of my own food, buy some directly from the farmer and buy only the really cheap brands. I guess I could work as a psychologist for a few hours a week to supplement my income, but the store takes up so much time.