• Sweet, Adorable Animals Thread

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #56432  by almostapathetic
 Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:31 am
PlusCaChange wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:04 am
Should've just waffle-stomped that raccoon. Disgusting fucking animals, shitting all over the fucking place.
Actually while raccoons have many potentially annoying habits that is not one of them. They scrupulously use middens, usually in a secluded or protected spot, under a fallen tree for example. It's just as well since their feces can carry a worm that eats your eyeballs.

If you see scat in an obvious place which looks like it has seeds in it it is probably from an opossum.
All I know is the dog rolls in it like an idiot.

Time to set my live trap so I can kill them.

#56445  by PlusCaChange
 Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:02 am
All I know is the dog rolls in it like an idiot.

Time to set my live trap so I can kill them.
It is a problem. I have a large garden (about 1/4 acre) and despite an 8 foot fence and electric line, opossums and raccoons still get in. When the corn is getting ripe I have to catch and cull them or I won't get a single ear to myself. They are like monkeys, they tear down a stalk, take a bite or two from an ear then tear down another. I would just relocate them but that's against the law here. When I catch an opossum I let them go again, they take a few tomatoes some strawberries and blackberries but don't do much damage.

I sympathize with the raccoons, they are very intelligent and many seem good natured (though many are also vicious) but there is no feasible way to stop them once they have figured out how to get in the garden. There is an enormous population of them around here, probably because their natural predators have been eliminated and breaking up the original forest for farms and houses creates a lot more food resources.
 #56519  by almostapathetic
 Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:52 pm
Demeter wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:13 pm
Looks more like a dead vegan dog funeral.

"Hey doggiez, Ima fling your tofu vegan dogfood across the room. That's all you get"...Six months later, doggiez say, "I'm doing a snooze." "Forever!" :cry: