• ☠ ✪ The Gun Thread Reloaded ✪ ☠

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #67956  by almostapathetic
 Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:25 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 am
Just talking about 10/22s somewhere else, so...

https://i.imgur.com/mHCQArc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZYpBRDT.jpg

Yep, that's the old forum in the background.
This was my old varmint rifle. Ruger M77 in .220 swift.

I loved that round and rifle. I could get the 60 grain to come out the end at 4,220 fps. At 100 yards cloverleafs were standard and at 500 yards I could take the eye out of a coyote.

I once amazed a friend by making a sparrow explode at 450 yards. He didn't believe it (or I) could do it. Poof, cloud of feathers.
Mine's just a pee shooter. LOL What brand stock was that? Mine is a Boyd's. Same color.

I just let the dog out back and a groundhog ran under the shed. I set up on the cafe table I have in front of a window near the kitchen and waited. 15 minutes later he poked his head out and then took a step and and stopped so I dispatched his ass. I wish I could get the skunks that easily. It's almost cheating at that distance, the scope is a 6-24x and I had it bumped all the way down to 6x. Looks like I gotta dig a hole.

The small blood puddle to the right was from the initial shot and then he flopped over once where he is laying. His legs twitched a few times, it was quick.

He's a fat fucker, aint he?
 #67967  by Kumacho
 Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:25 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 am
Just talking about 10/22s somewhere else, so...

https://i.imgur.com/mHCQArc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZYpBRDT.jpg

Yep, that's the old forum in the background.
This was my old varmint rifle. Ruger M77 in .220 swift.

I loved that round and rifle. I could get the 60 grain to come out the end at 4,220 fps. At 100 yards cloverleafs were standard and at 500 yards I could take the eye out of a coyote.

I once amazed a friend by making a sparrow explode at 450 yards. He didn't believe it (or I) could do it. Poof, cloud of feathers.
Mine's just a pee shooter. LOL What brand stock was that? Mine is a Boyd's. Same color.

I just let the dog out back and a groundhog ran under the shed. I set up on the cafe table I have in front of a window near the kitchen and waited. 15 minutes later he poked his head out and then took a step and and stopped so I dispatched his ass. I wish I could get the skunks that easily. It's almost cheating at that distance, the scope is a 6-24x and I had it bumped all the way down to 6x. Looks like I gotta dig a hole.

The small blood puddle to the right was from the initial shot and then he flopped over once where he is laying. His legs twitched a few times, it was quick.

He's a fat fucker, aint he?
It's factory wood. The old M77 was a nice rifle. I could have made it shoot better with a different stock, but why? It looked good, it was ungodly accurate. The minute changes in accuracy by getting a better stock would barely be noticed.

One of my favorite rounds. (I like 7mm Remington magnum too)
 #68612  by almostapathetic
 Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:11 pm
I didn't bury the groundhog, didn't want the dog to dig him up. Didn't feel it right to throw him in the trash. I tossed him in a big burn pile of brush I had out back and sent him out blazing like a varmint viking.

I'm curious, why did he not smell like a cookout? I smelled nothing. Is it because it's hotter than a grill? When it first started it couldn't have been real hot. It burned for two hours.
 #68727  by Kumacho
 Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:14 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:11 pm
I didn't bury the groundhog, didn't want the dog to dig him up. Didn't feel it right to throw him in the trash. I tossed him in a big burn pile of brush I had out back and sent him out blazing like a varmint viking.

I'm curious, why did he not smell like a cookout? I smelled nothing. Is it because it's hotter than a grill? When it first started it couldn't have been real hot. It burned for two hours.
Funny story...A friend of mine and I were hunting Coyote for the bounty (Paid for a bipod and new scope in a week). I carried a Ruger superblackhawk for snakes.

I was pretty good at quickdraw hip-shooting with it and had it loaded with ratshot alternated with 240 grain hollow points, incase we ran into a Mulie on our way to the blind. I always loaded it ratshot in the first chamber because snakes are more common than mule deer.

We came up over a rise on one side of a draw and there was a jackrabbit on the other. About 10 yards away, just sitting there looking at us. I said watch this, and quickdrawed on it. It shot straight in the air, had to have been a solid 8 foot high. When it landed it was hopping around all over the place, so I walked up thinking I had only wounded it with the ratshot. Nope, seems I didn't load it the way I thought and put a hollow point in its head. Nothing left of the head but one ear, hanging on by a small piece of flesh.

I miss that old handgun and my blackhawk convertible too.
 #68741  by almostapathetic
 Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:01 am
Kumacho wrote:
incase we ran into a Mulie on our way to the blind.
You spelled 'moolie' wrong.

Meh, I don't shoot anything for just sport. Don't get me wrong, sport is always part of it. If it's around the house tearing shit up or posing a threat to a pet, it dies. I get shooting coyotes for population control and shooting groundhogs that pose a threat to grazing livestock or cause land erosion...But a cute little bunny rabbit? Unless you're gonna eat it. Then it's fair game.

I've read that groundhog is actually good eats. IDK.

Or flies. I'm talking about those pesky little shit eating insects.

I used to print these off and shoot groups of three at each circle at 50yds. Keep in mind we're talking .22LR brick ammo. One day a fucking fly landed on my paper right next to the circle I was about to group. I took him.

Kumacho liked this
 #68745  by Kumacho
 Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:08 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:01 am
Kumacho wrote:
incase we ran into a Mulie on our way to the blind.
You spelled 'moolie' wrong.

Meh, I don't shoot anything for just sport. Don't get me wrong, sport is always part of it. If it's around the house tearing shit up or posing a threat to a pet, it dies. I get shooting coyotes for population control and shooting groundhogs that pose a threat to grazing livestock or cause land erosion...But a cute little bunny rabbit? Unless you're gonna eat it. Then it's fair game.

I've read that groundhog is actually good eats. IDK.

Or flies. I'm talking about those pesky little shit eating insects.

I used to print these off and shoot groups of three at each circle at 50yds. Keep in mind we're talking .22LR brick ammo. One day a fucking fly landed on my paper right next to the circle I was about to group. I took him.

I was really pretty poor back then, and young and stoopid. As is evidenced by my shooting from the hip.

Normally, I eat what I shoot. Including jacks during the right time of the year.

But yes, this was a young dumb and full of stupid shit time of my life.
 #69337  by mrsmommyjeans
 Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:00 pm
Dudes, in all seriosity, I got way too many guns. I mean I accumilated like 20 or so guns over the years. Thousands of dollar worth of ammunition as well. Well stocked with 9, 38/357, 45, 223/5.56, 22 and a few otters. Gun people like me always lol when a non-gun news person says with alarm "he had hundreds of rounds of ammunition". You buy ammo in bulk, and if you don't shoot them, they tends to pile up. And it's heavy. I tell you it's no fun to move thousands of rounds.

Guns tho man. They're the sort of objecks people like me hanker for. I haven't even fired one in I think 4 years. And yes, I'm an unrestricted person. I had a few minor brushes with "the law" as a youngster, but nothing that the FBI can say "no gun for her" about.

I like to keep a very low profile about owning guns. Nubdy around here knows that I do. The local junkies would Shirley target my house if they knew of my riches. I let my NRA membership lapse for a while, cuz hillary lost. Buttocks for $30 they send you a duffle bag, and really the membership is worth it just for the insurance and magazine. But only a damn fool would put an NRA sticker on their car or house. Only a damn fool!

I keep talkin like some kind of nut. My posting style is such that I may work on a post over hours, leaving the keybore to go do other things. But that's no excuse. I will now get to the point.

Smith and Wesson has this big surplux of guns. I impulse bought a shield in 9mm. It's one of the 'performance center' deals, with the ported barrel and hi-viz sights. They sure look neat!

I never really carry a gun, cuz I don't need to. But the shield is probably the best little gun to carry, if you do. The thing just feels so hand-delicious. I threw my first generation LC9 into the garbage pail.

I thought $380 was a fine price, from 'smoky mountain guns and ammo' on the interweb. Unlike some internet gun stores, they charged the same price with my cash rewards credit card. It cost me another $25 to have it transferred to me, all nice and legal like. It's just a sweet little popper. But when I prce checked it again, I saw another place selling them for $350! :o

But smith n wesson is doing this rebate promo. In 8 to 10 weeks, I'll get a package in the mail. Two magazines, 2 boxes of expensive ammo and a magazine charger that looks like crap, but probably functions well. I'll keep it for redundancy sake. But I'm partial to my uplula mag loader, made in the good old ancient homeland.

So what are you guys up to? What's going on in your lives?
 #69338  by gaahl_
 Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 pm
I have a ruger 10/22 take down, a mossberg 500 12 gauge and I recently went for a little day trip and got myself an SKS.
I plan on doing a bull pup mod to it as soon as possible.

I have enough ammo to take out an entire state. Not like I'm ever going to use it, but I caught the gun bug, needless to say.