• The Idea Thread

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #64303  by andrewryan69
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:20 pm
Demeter wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm
Post your ideas here.

I want to start selling drawings and clothing on etsy.

And make my own candy bars. But all I can find are smaller candy bar molds, not really any regular sized or king size ones. Also gummy worms.

And I want to create both a kid friendly vegan website and one for adults, that explains basically everything.

I want to bleach my hair a nice silvery blonde.

I want to write a children's book.
I have an idea: shut up.
 #64305  by cunnalingus
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:40 pm
andrewryan69 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:20 pm
Demeter wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm
Post your ideas here.

I want to start selling drawings and clothing on etsy.

And make my own candy bars. But all I can find are smaller candy bar molds, not really any regular sized or king size ones. Also gummy worms.

And I want to create both a kid friendly vegan website and one for adults, that explains basically everything.

I want to bleach my hair a nice silvery blonde.

I want to write a children's book.
I have an idea: shut up.
Best idea yet!!!
 #64347  by Demeter
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:25 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 am
Sure those are neat made up facts and all, but mental retardation doesn't happen until someone decides they want to be a vegan. 100% of ethical vegans sound like retards when they talk like religious freaks and try to shove their religion(veganism) down everyone else's throats.
Coming from someone who literally shoves their beliefs down their children's throats.

You're so stupid this isn't even worth a response.
SkeetDixon wrote:
Demeter wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Feeding children animal products is child abuse. The guilt they'll feel later in life, the disgust they'll feel towards their own parents when they realize they don't give a shit about animals being abused and killed for no reason, the plethora of negative health effects that could easily be avoided through a healthy vegan diet, and the fact that you're destroying the environment and increasing public health risks and they're going to have to clean your mess up when they grow up. Pro-tip: Don't believe everything your doctors say. Most doctors know next to nothing about nutrition: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430660/
I've got a good idea. How about you shut up, Demeter.

I went to this 50's style burger joint for lunch, and there were a bunch of families with kids eating outside. I thought to myself, "Oh my god, look at all this child abuse going on! These poor kids are gonna be scarred for life!"

In reality, forcing Veganism upon children is child abuse. Animal products are part of American culture, any culture for that matter. Prohibiting your children from experiencing and participating in normal socio-cultural activities is child abuse. No hot dogs and baseball games. No BBQ and fireworks on the 4th of July. Making your children constant outsiders, alienated from their peers, is nothing short of abuse. This alienation from one's peers has a snowball effect and leads to poor socialization. It is not surprising that you are completely ignoring this highly relevant fact.

The health benefits you speak of are largely non-existent. There are no nutritional advantages in a Vegan diet over a well-balanced diet with animal proteins. It's quite the opposite. A Vegan diet creates dependency on supplements, not to mention a radical and Puritanical dedication to achieve basic nutrition. There is a real and tangible psychological strain from having to constantly source Vegan products just to eat.

Veganism is a religion. It is similar to Islam except meat-eaters are the "infidels". Making your kids be Vegan is forced indoctrination. This is brainwashing through isolation, similar tactics to a religious cult. Again, the alienation from peers is child abuse. The alienation from culture and socio-cultural activities is child abuse.

Was there a person that groomed you into becoming Vegan? Probably not. You needed something to do while hiding from the social pressures of the outside world, hiding from anxiety. You found Veganism on the internet like a young Islamic male finds ISIS. Now you want to force this isolation on others, even children. That is straight-up child abuse.
I thought I was ready to respond to this when I clicked the quote button, but actually, nah. Too stupid for me. The amount of eye rolling it would take to fully respond to your ramblings would probably make my eyes detach.
 #64371  by cunnalingus
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm
Lol that's all you have now. Wahhhh you're dumb I'm not responding because I'm a dimwit.
 #64380  by Demeter
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:28 pm
I just don't feel like writing an essay for someone who's not even going to listen.
 #64385  by cunnalingus
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:37 pm
I never read your vegan propaganda paragraphs anyways. It's really tiring, you're like a Jehovah's Witness knocking at my door and won't stop talking when I open the door.
 #64386  by SkeetDixon
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:44 pm
Demeter wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:25 pm

I thought I was ready to respond to this when I clicked the quote button, but actually, nah. Too stupid for me. The amount of eye rolling it would take to fully respond to your ramblings would probably make my eyes detach.
I'm not really arguing against the alleged health benefits of a Vegan diet relative to a well-balanced diet with animal proteins. That is not really relevant. A "Vegan diet" is not just a diet. It's a religion and puritanical lifestyle, devoid of any enjoyment. Hypothetically, the relative benefits could be great, but it would not matter.

The rest of what I'm arguing are facts that cannot be reconciled. There is certainly a cutting of cultural roots that takes place to be Vegan and an associated level of Puritanical human misery. It is not just to make that decision for a child, not to mention the alienation from one's peers. It is child abuse.

I was a bit curious about what'd you have to say about this. It looks like I've drawn a picture in his likeness. I can understand how you don't like to discuss the uncomfortable and impractical realities of Veganism. It probably makes you confront the futility of your meaningless life and religion.
 #64389  by Demeter
 Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:51 pm
I could write an essay on a single thought of yours is the issue. I come here for entertainment, not to write essays.

I literally could write an essay, but since I don't feel like it, I'll just pose one question to you:

If we lived in a world full of people consuming the flesh of tortured children, would you consider it child abuse to feed your child beans and rice instead?