• Embarrassing Dating Site Experiences

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #65179  by Kumacho
 Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 am
Demeter wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 am
Basically I want qualities I have myself. I'm not even picky. It's just that I would want someone who is at least somewhat sane and intelligent. That's all. But it's rare so I'm seen as "picky".

And since I have those qualities myself, they would obviously find me as desirable as I found them, unless they were gay or something.
But they have to have qualities like you? I thought you said sane and intelligent? So you want more in a man than you have going on for yourself.

You're going to die alone in an apartment with 100 cats.
 #65180  by Demeter
 Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:47 am
Yeah okay Kumacho.

Obviously would not die alone with 100 cats.

Cats aren't necessarily easily turned vegan.

I would die alone with 100 dogs.
 #65183  by PlusCaChange
 Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 am
Wait what? I'm excluding more than 99 percent of people. And I see no problem with that.
There are two problems. The first is that you must now find a way of locating the rare person you'd be interested in (the internet is a lot less useful in this regard than people seem to think) and the second is you must have attractions for them. I think you will find many of the traits you'd like in a man are also traits other women would like, so such a man has a lot of choices. Women get very competitive over the best men.

Life ain't fair and it ain't equivalent for men and women in relationships. Say a guy is tall, fit, reasonably handsome, intelligent, with a good job and a kindly, easy-going nature. If he manages somehow to make it into his 20's without getting attached he'll have women swarming him.

The equivalent woman will have to hustle to get a minimally decent guy without serious flaws. That's the market, supply and demand.

That's why I think this tread keys into the other one. Women's expectations have risen with their wider social horizon but the quality of man they now demand as commensurate with their accomplishments has become rarer than ever.
 #65189  by PlusCaChange
 Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:18 am
Also it's not my fault.
No, it's a consequence of natural and social forces. It's not a particular person's fault but it is a problem. If your house gets blown down by a tornado it's not your fault but sitting in the ruins declaiming the fact won't put a roof over your head.