• Health Thread - Questions, Concerns, Random Health Thoughts - Post Here

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #67835  by Tom_Selleck
 Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:06 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Let me start this thread off by saying it's been over a week since I could sleep properly. Any time I'm ready to fall asleep, I shouldn't, and any time I want to sleep, I can't. I haven't slept at all tonight. For the past week I've slept at most 3 hours a day. It's painful. Does anyone else have trouble falling asleep? Any natural tricks you find work for you? I am considering buying blue light blocking glasses so my computer light doesn't make me stay up and mess up my sleep schedule. Also considering pills but would prefer to avoid that.
Alright, here's my one post a month where I don't troll

I hope you know that computer screens stimulates the mind. Every professional recommends turning off all screens 1-2 hours before.
Before you say, "I've been doing the movie in bed thing forever" you gotta know that you can become more sensitive to it as you become older.

Another thing is, I never met a vegan who never mediated. Suppose to clear the mind to help a restless sleep.
 #67836  by Demeter
 Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 am
I could start trying to read with my new book light (coming through the mail in about a month) for the last couple hours but I'm not sure how well that will work because I am so used to listening to a movie as I fall asleep. My brain needs a certain amount of stimulation before I go to sleep or else I get so bored I go insane and then end up staying up even longer.

I never actually seriously looked into HOW to meditate, because I have a very strong bias against Buddhism and basically anything from Asia. I know there are some studies that show real benefits to it but I just can't see myself taking it seriously at all. If there was a way of meditating that didn't feel gay as fuck then I might try it. And there are tons of vegans who don't meditate... It's usually vegetarians who are the ones who meditate because they're the ones doing it for stupid religious or hippy dippy spiritual reasons and haven't actually done the basic research to realize that all animal products come from animal abuse. Not that they even actually care.

Edit:
Anyway, I got three things from aliexpress that I hope will help me sleep better:
Again, the book light, so I can read with the lights off.
Blue light blocking sunglasses for when I am using the computer.
An eye mask for sleeping.

Might also get some melatonin and compile a list of relaxing instrumental/classical songs to play while I read since I might need some audio stimulation to help me sleep.
 #68514  by FHRitP
 Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:33 am
Demeter wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 am
Also, I keep getting these little fluid filled bumps on me. I want to say they're spider bites but then they're usually on my face/neck. Although I guess that is where they would be since I wear long sleeves and long pants at night and am under a blanket. They're driving me absolutely insane but I guess it could also be a reaction to my lotion I sometimes wear at night.
I had that problem as a reaction to drinking diet soda with Splenda (sucralose) in it. It gave me bad nervous system problems too. They make it with phosgene nerve gas, so go figure. They put that shit in literally everything now too, so I've had to look at the labels on all of the food I buy for years now.
Demeter liked this
 #68543  by Demeter
 Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:24 pm
FHRitP wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:33 am
Demeter wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 am
Also, I keep getting these little fluid filled bumps on me. I want to say they're spider bites but then they're usually on my face/neck. Although I guess that is where they would be since I wear long sleeves and long pants at night and am under a blanket. They're driving me absolutely insane but I guess it could also be a reaction to my lotion I sometimes wear at night.
I had that problem as a reaction to drinking diet soda with Splenda (sucralose) in it. It gave me bad nervous system problems too. They make it with phosgene nerve gas, so go figure. They put that shit in literally everything now too, so I've had to look at the labels on all of the food I buy for years now.
Wow, that is fascinating. I'm gonna look into that.