• Health Thread - Questions, Concerns, Random Health Thoughts - Post Here

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #67279  by Demeter
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Let me start this thread off by saying it's been over a week since I could sleep properly. Any time I'm ready to fall asleep, I shouldn't, and any time I want to sleep, I can't. I haven't slept at all tonight. For the past week I've slept at most 3 hours a day. It's painful. Does anyone else have trouble falling asleep? Any natural tricks you find work for you? I am considering buying blue light blocking glasses so my computer light doesn't make me stay up and mess up my sleep schedule. Also considering pills but would prefer to avoid that.
 #67283  by PlusCaChange
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:44 am
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone which regulates sleep. It's available over the counter and has no side effects, though it's best to use it only occasionally as the body can become accustomed to higher levels. I found it very useful for jet lag. With me it didn't seem to work the first time I tried it but after that it did. It also gave me very vivid dreams.
 #67635  by Demeter
 Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 am
I might get some melatonin but I doubt it will help. Tried it before I'm pretty sure.

Also, I keep getting these little fluid filled bumps on me. I want to say they're spider bites but then they're usually on my face/neck. Although I guess that is where they would be since I wear long sleeves and long pants at night and am under a blanket. They're driving me absolutely insane but I guess it could also be a reaction to my lotion I sometimes wear at night. I think I'm gonna have to toss it. Makes my face really greasy and if it's causing this too then it has to go because I'm way too old to have to cover up bumps on my face. It makes me feel dirty.
 #67686  by Demeter
 Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:30 am
kocher wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:45 am
Why is your computer screen on all night?
Well, I'm using it. Then I will also play a movie when I get tired enough to fall asleep.
almostapathetic wrote:Couldn't be all the processed shit you eat. Nope...Couldn't be that.

You might just be the most unhealthy person on this forum. Physically and mentally.
No it was the lotion, I'm 99% sure. They're not like pimples. They're filled with clear fluid like a bug bite. Or in this case maybe an allergic reaction.

And I eat fairly healthfully typically.
 #67689  by almostapathetic
 Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 am
Demeter wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:30 am
They're not like pimples. They're filled with clear fluid like a bug bite. Or in this case maybe an allergic reaction.
Lets paint a picture...Slinky tits, fat ass, nig nose, you're oily, have fluid filled pimples, and you smell like a vegan. I've been around many and vegans do have a smell, especially their cars for some reason. Oh, and you pee in the trashcan.

No wonder guys have to get drunk off mouthwash to dick you.

About 12 years ago one of my best friends was in Iraq. He was a cpt at the time and I knew he had his own containerized housing unit so he could do whatever he wanted on his off time. They aren't allowed to have alcohol because of the muzzies. I bought a huge bottle of mouthwash and filled it with rum and added green food coloring and then put clear shrink-wrap around the cap. I sent it in a care package. I forgot to email him about it so when he got it and couldn't figure out why in the hell I sent mouthwash so he put it in the shower unit where people put extra stuff people to kinda trade back and forth. He got my email and had to run to get it before anyone opened and used it.