• Craft/Creative Work Thread

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #76722  by almostapathetic
 Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:19 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 pm
Did you guys get the "whole new world" reference though? I hope it's not too cheesy but I think they'll appreciate the reference anyway. Was trying to think of a good Doctor Who phrase to go with it but couldn't think of anything.
I commented about that envelope...
 #76724  by Demeter
 Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:22 am
I never lick envelopes. That's gross. What if I'm sick and she opens it and then she gets sick? I either fold them in or wet them a little with something that isn't my tongue. Also, envelope glue is vegan. Sorry to break it to you.
 #76726  by hankhill3
 Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:32 am
Demeter wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:08 am
How have you not committed suicide yet? Did you actually eat that?
I ate it and it was wonderful. I plan on making it again later today but with more meat and cheese.
 #80300  by Demeter
 Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 am
Anthrax666 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:30 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 pm
Was trying to think of a good Doctor Who phrase to go with it but couldn't think of anything.
How about "Not the fucking Daleks again!!"
Do they ever say fuck in Doctor Who though? I don't remember ever hearing it. Maybe could see them saying "feck" though. IDK.

They loved the card anyway and said it was the best card they ever got. I'm so happy they liked it.

Also, just tonight I made more stickers on MY OWN PRINTER. I'm so excited to be able to make tons of cool stickers for super cheap.
(Photo sucks, much higher quality than it looks. And the chicken sticker says, "Stop eating my damn eggs." Also, some of them I left a sloppy border around because I'm just going to cut it off anyway.)

For most of these I'm going to try covering them with just clear packing tape to try to waterproof them and see how well that holds up on my water bottle and stuff.

Some of the little ones I'm probably just going to cut out and slap on my notebooks.

Then for the bigger ones I think I'll wait til I get some single sided laminate paper and see how that works for waterproofing.

Do you guys think it will be sufficiently waterproof if I leave a border of the tape/laminate around the sticker so hopefully water doesn't soak through the paper? Would also love to make my own bumper stickers but I guess I probably have to have a laser printer with special ink for that.
 #80330  by almostapathetic
 Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 am
Haha, she talks and does so many things like a child. People in their late 20s don't say shit like this, "...I made more stickers on MY OWN PRINTER. I'm so excited to be able to make tons of cool stickers..."

:lol:

And why did Hakik remove his post about the stickers being covered with box tape? It was true.
Hakik liked this
 #80331  by Hakik
 Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 am
Wow demeter. That's so impressive. And you did that all by yourself without help from mommy?

Where are you gonna sell them?
cunnalingus liked this