• What kind of animal rights activism do you think is most effective?

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #70379  by Hakik
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:22 pm
I'm not vegan but I've probably done more to help animals than most average vegans.

I've donated a lot of money to REAL animal charities with actual scientists operating it, and not bullshit like PETA. Charities like The Wildlife Conservation Society, Animal Welfare Institute, World Wildlife Fund, International Fund for Animal Welfare.

When I was in high school, I volunteered at the wildlife conservation center at a local park, mostly just helping out with the loggerhead turtles.

I've helped out and taken care of horses at my family's ranch. I helped with a petition to shut down a local ranch that was known for mistreating horses.

I've also taken care of other people's pets, and helped friends who were rescuing animals. I love animals and nature, so I always try to do my part to help out. I currently have a family of deer in my woods who come across my property every evening to go to the lake. So I never built any fences around my house, and I leave out food for them sometimes (I know what they eat).
 #70385  by Demeter
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:34 pm
Can you explain how The Wildlife Conservation Society, Animal Welfare Institute, World Wildlife Fund, and the International Fund for Animal Welfare help animals more than organizations like say, The Humane Society of the United States or Mercy For Animals or the many farm animal sanctuaries and direct action organizations?

Serious question because I honestly don't know what they do exactly.
 #70386  by Hakik
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 pm
Demeter wrote:
Can you explain how The Wildlife Conservation Society, Animal Welfare Institute, World Wildlife Fund, and the International Fund for Animal Welfare help animals more than organizations like say, The Humane Society of the United States or Mercy For Animals or the many farm animal sanctuaries and direct action organizations?

I was comparing them to PETA. I know the Humane Society is pretty reputable too. But honestly you have to research them individually. Each one has some stronger specialties. Many do a bit of both. Some of them will do a lot more work for say marine conversation, while others will focus on animal rescue. Some do a lot of scientific research to help animals (I personally think that's the most helpful in the long run), while others are more hands on. Some do more direct work helping animals, rehabilitating them, while others focus more on lobbying, petitions, and protests.
 #70387  by Demeter
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 pm
I think my favorite place to donate to right now is Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary. They're the least hypocritical to me out of the ones I know of. They don't bullshit. So far I've only donated to them through Amazon Smile though. Also love A Well-Fed World, but they actually focus on humans, but they only give humans vegan food. All disaster relief organizations should do that...

#70388  by almostapathetic
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:00 pm
Demeter wrote:

Sure you do. You've Googled the fuck out of them. You're just trying to bait a reason to post you summation of those results so it appears like you actually do something for animals.
 #70391  by Demeter
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm
Huh? No I haven't googled them... I mean I know roughly what the World Wildlife Fund does (or what they focus on anyway).

And I don't know what you mean with the last part of your post. I would chalk it up to poor grammar but even if you fixed it it wouldn't make sense to me.
 #70393  by Hakik
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 pm
Demeter wrote:
I think my favorite place to donate to right now is Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary. They're the least hypocritical to me out of the ones I know of. They don't bullshit. So far I've only donated to them through Amazon Smile though. Also love A Well-Fed World, but they actually focus on humans, but they only give humans vegan food. All disaster relief organizations should do that...

Shouldn't you rather be donating your money to the Get Out of Community College and My Mom's House Before I'm 30 Fund.
 #70396  by Tim_Kerr
 Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 pm
Demeter wrote:

i'm fairly certain he's raping her