• What kind of animal rights activism do you think is most effective?

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #92468  by HolidayFriday
 Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:57 pm
Demeter wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:27 pm
The way she died had nothing to do with weakness though. Also, the same week another vegan reached the top of Everest after surviving a fucking AVALANCHE. Meat eaters are so desperate and pathetic.
I searched around, and I've found that of the 4,000 people to summit Mt Everest, only two were vegan. The first reached the summit two days before Strydom died.

In 2014, Skatov, another vegan, had claimed to have reached the summit on a vegan diet, but he was eating honey on the trek, which disqualifies him.

I don't really like going on about this considering her death, but her reason for the climb she said was to prove that vegans could "do anything".

and she died.

Incidentally, avalanches are fairly common on Mount Everest, and neither of the vegans were hit by one. Joisher survived an avalanche in Nepal and the base camp, but that had nothing to do with the Mt Everest climb.
Last edited by HolidayFriday on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #92523  by Demeter
 Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 pm
I was certain he survived an avalanche on Everest but it's possible it was faulty reporting or my faulty memory or I skimmed through the article too fast. That's not typical of me though so I have a feeling you might be wrong.

Also, her death had nothing to do with her being vegan. If I remember, her husband or something was also vegan and survived on the same trip.
 #92601  by HolidayFriday
 Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 am
Demeter wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 pm
I was certain he survived an avalanche on Everest but it's possible it was faulty reporting or my faulty memory or I skimmed through the article too fast. That's not typical of me though so I have a feeling you might be wrong.

Also, her death had nothing to do with her being vegan. If I remember, her husband or something was also vegan and survived on the same trip.
Why don't you look it up, genius?

In my experience, posting misinformation that you didn't check and cannot support is very typical of you. Your fallback is that someone else gave you the information, so it's wrong to blame you.

Also her death was from altitude sickness. It doesn't have anything to do with veganism. They joked because she was trying to prove that she could do it because she was vegan.
Last edited by HolidayFriday on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kumacho liked this
 #92603  by HolidayFriday
 Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:57 am
Demeter wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:56 am
Because I don't care that much. If I ever write a report on it then I'll look it up, otherwise nah. Already have too many tabs open.
Well, you were wrong again. If you don't care to be correct, then don't blame people when you are not.
 #92610  by Demeter
 Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 pm
I looked it up again and you're wrong. He did survive an avalanche on Mt. Everest.

"After three years of extensive training, Joisher's first attempt to climb Mt. Everest in 2014 was cut short when an avalanche took the lives of 16 Sherpa guides and climbers.

It was the deadliest event in Everest history.

Joisher tried again the next year, this time as an expedition leader — but he was stopped by the Nepal earthquake that caused a major avalanche at the base camp.

Shaken by the fact that he had escaped death, and feeling more determined than ever, Joisher made his third attempt to summit Everest in May 2016. After 40 days of climbing, he reached the peak May 19."

http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilo ... story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ee4cf1aee4
 #92611  by SkeetDixon
 Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 pm
Classic.
Not as bad as the Vegan woman that created a shell company purporting to have proprietary knowledge for medical testing. Turns out it was all a big sham. She used her pussy pass to scam investors out of billions.

We heard the before from resident tardo but not the after. I guess she just forgot or was tired. I remembered though.