• What kind of animal rights activism do you think is most effective?

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #72490  by Kumacho
 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:42 pm
Please give serious answers.

If you were a vegan, what kind of activism would you participate in?
From your current perspective, what is the best kind of activism/the kind that's most likely to get you to listen? What issues do you care most about?
What kind of activism do you NOT like?

Thanks. I've been a vegan for a very long time so sometimes it might be hard for me to see things from non-vegan perspectives.
One whose sorrowful attempt to cover their insecurities doesn't make me want to curb stomp a kitten whenever they post...

This kitten's' life is in your hands, eat a fucking steak already.

#73354  by hankhill3
 Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:27 am
I like the kind of activism that takes place quietly at home.
 #73451  by AngryGeriatric
 Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm
I wanna see the machine they ground up the chicks in. Do they play that looney tunes song they play when a conveyor belt is moving?
Remember that episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy and Ethel were working in a slaughterhouse and trying to pluck baby chickens off the conveyor belt before they fell into the grinder? The belt just kept moving faster and faster and they started eating the chicks to keep up. That was hilarious.
lemmiwinx liked this
 #73452  by lemmiwinx
 Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:13 pm
AngryGeriatric wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm
I wanna see the machine they ground up the chicks in. Do they play that looney tunes song they play when a conveyor belt is moving?
Remember that episode of I Love Lucy where Lucy and Ethel were working in a slaughterhouse and trying to pluck baby chickens off the conveyor belt before they fell into the grinder? The belt just kept moving faster and faster and they started eating the chicks to keep up. That was hilarious.
Sad fact is AG they won't air that episode of I Love Lucy anymore. It's getting so all our cherished memories of the past are being virtually scrubbed from existence.
 #76281  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:36 am
Okay, I know the crazy assed bitch didn't want real answers. The twat just wants attention. But this is actually one thing that I do feel strongly about.

There is too much animal abuse to even make a reasonable attempt to save them all. What some people don't seem to realize is that trying to change the ENTIRE WORLD food source is more Don Quixote than anything else. The futility of it is absurd. I find it better to use my limited resources and energies to do things that actually accomplish something.

I volunteer 5 days a month at a local no kill shelter. This shelter takes dogs and places them in a pack environment until they are adopted. There are no cages only common areas and there are people in those common areas 24/7 365. I spend 5 nights a month there taking care of them. Not 24 hours a day bitching ineffectively on a humor forum (When not attempting to get attention) and adopting a sociopathic response to people...

To me, the most effective animal rights group is this one:
https://bestfriends.org/

These are the kinds of groups that actually get shit done; not just sit around gnashing their teeth while wiping the sand out of their vagina.

But the dumb cunt won't see any wisdom in this at all. Crazy as a fucking loon.
 #76303  by Demeter
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 am
The world is going vegan, and farms are shutting down. Some farmers are even having a change of heart themselves and turning their farms into farm sanctuaries. Tyson (one of if not the largest meat producer in the U.S.), even said themselves that veganism is the future (paraphrased since I'm too lazy to get the article). A ton of big companies are now investing in vegan foods in preparation for what's coming. And I could write a novel on the subject of consumer power, but I don't want to so I'll leave it at that.

Also, direct action if my favorite kind of activism, and I have worked directly helping animals on numerous occasions. But, while I obviously want immediate relief for the animals, I also want to create long term change that helps many more animals than I could personally help. So that's the kind of activism I specifically want advice on, outreach, since you guys are always saying I'm doing it wrong, I'd like to hear your ideas on that.