• What kind of animal rights activism do you think is most effective?

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #76309  by cunnalingus
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am
Demeter wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 am
The world is going vegan, and farms are shutting down. Some farmers are even having a change of heart themselves and turning their farms into farm sanctuaries. Tyson (one of if not the largest meat producer in the U.S.), even said themselves that veganism is the future (paraphrased since I'm too lazy to get the article). A ton of big companies are now investing in vegan foods in preparation for what's coming. And I could write a novel on the subject of consumer power, but I don't want to so I'll leave it at that.

Also, direct action if my favorite kind of activism, and I have worked directly helping animals on numerous occasions. But, while I obviously want immediate relief for the animals, I also want to create long term change that helps many more animals than I could personally help. So that's the kind of activism I specifically want advice on, outreach, since you guys are always saying I'm doing it wrong, I'd like to hear your ideas on that.
Consumer power? When using demographics only .05% of the united states population is vegan? Makes sense.
 #76310  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:42 am
Demeter wrote:
The world is going vegan, and farms are shutting down. Some farmers are even having a change of heart themselves and turning their farms into farm sanctuaries. Tyson (one of if not the largest meat producer in the U.S.), even said themselves that veganism is the future (paraphrased since I'm too lazy to get the article). A ton of big companies are now investing in vegan foods in preparation for what's coming. And I could write a novel on the subject of consumer power, but I don't want to so I'll leave it at that.

Also, direct action if my favorite kind of activism, and I have worked directly helping animals on numerous occasions. But, while I obviously want immediate relief for the animals, I also want to create long term change that helps many more animals than I could personally help. So that's the kind of activism I specifically want advice on, outreach, since you guys are always saying I'm doing it wrong, I'd like to hear your ideas on that.
You asked for effective, I gave you effective. You don't want to accept that, fine. Your actions are not based in reality so good luck to you. Fantasy is a wonderful place to visit, not such a good place to live though.
 #76311  by almostapathetic
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am
Demeter wrote:
Also, direct action if my favorite kind of activism, and I have worked directly helping animals on numerous occasions.
Stop with the fucking lying. You do none of that, you've never done any of that, and you never will do any of that. Type away keyboard activist.
 #76313  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am
Demeter wrote:
Also, direct action if my favorite kind of activism, and I have worked directly helping animals on numerous occasions.
Stop with the fucking lying. You do none of that, you've never done any of that, and you never will do any of that. Type away keyboard activist.
Keyboard activism is the most effective kind. It has to be since it is what she does.

loony twat...
 #76326  by Demeter
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Some of the activism I do I can't talk about because of stalkers and also I don't want to put identifiable information on a public forum. But I do participate in direct action. It's not much but I do what I can at the moment. And I'm getting others involved as well. Currently got a group of three going that's going to join me and hopefully they'll invite some non-vegans to participate as well. And just throwing this out there but just yesterday I had a discussion with the head of a local political party on subjects relevant to animal rights, etc. I don't consider this forum to be activism at all.... It's just a place for me to vent or ramble.

Also, we're way more than 0.05% of the population. That's just a blatant lie or extremely poor research.
 #76374  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:54 pm
Demeter wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Some of the activism I do I can't talk about because of stalkers and also I don't want to put identifiable information on a public forum. But I do participate in direct action. It's not much but I do what I can at the moment. And I'm getting others involved as well. Currently got a group of three going that's going to join me and hopefully they'll invite some non-vegans to participate as well. And just throwing this out there but just yesterday I had a discussion with the head of a local political party on subjects relevant to animal rights, etc. I don't consider this forum to be activism at all.... It's just a place for me to vent or ramble.

Also, we're way more than 0.05% of the population. That's just a blatant lie or extremely poor research.
Whack-a-doodle.

And reality is going to knock you the fuck out when it finally catches up to you.