• Scientists find a link between low intelligence and acceptance of 'pseudo-profound bulls***'

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #83268  by Kumacho
 Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 am
You use buzzwords to try to sound smarter than you are,
I don't know how you can know how smart I am or even how you would assess my intelligence if you had the means. I suspect it would depend entirely on whether I accepted or rejected veganism and by that self-fulfilling standard I am indeed extraordinarily stupid as I not only think it absurd but can articulate why it is absurd.
You must dumb down your conversations to her level or be considered a phoney baloney to her.
 #83273  by PlusCaChange
 Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:09 pm
Kumacho wrote:
PlusCaChange wrote:
You use buzzwords to try to sound smarter than you are,
I don't know how you can know how smart I am or even how you would assess my intelligence if you had the means. I suspect it would depend entirely on whether I accepted or rejected veganism and by that self-fulfilling standard I am indeed extraordinarily stupid as I not only think it absurd but can articulate why it is absurd.
You must dumb down your conversations to her level or be considered a phoney baloney to her.

I don't think it's that, she's not stupid in that way, she just has a kind of mania. I'm the most annoying because I make part of her doubt this obsession she's made so important to herself. I have to be a fraud and stupid to shut down that niggling doubt. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "na na na, I can't hear you"!
Kumacho, Anthrax666 liked this
 #83275  by Kumacho
 Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:12 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:
Kumacho wrote:
PlusCaChange wrote:

I don't think it's that, she's not stupid in that way, she just has a kind of mania. I'm the most annoying because I make part of her doubt this obsession she's made so important to herself. I have to be a fraud and stupid to shut down that niggling doubt. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "na na na, I can't hear you"!
Understood; see my reply to her 'essay' thread. A good summation would be "Na na na, I can't hear you"
 #83277  by Demeter
 Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:15 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:
Kumacho wrote:
PlusCaChange wrote:

You're projecting. You're severely deluded because you can't allow yourself to consider the feelings of animals in any respect, because otherwise you'd have to feel guilty for funding their torture and early deaths.