• Christmas

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #89839  by Demeter
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:13 am
What should I get my grandma for Christmas? I feel awful because she's very lonely right now - she called me the other night saying she would love phone calls and photos. She was in a nursing home but moved back into her home and has a caregiver but my grandpa is in the hospital right now so she's all alone at night. She doesn't watch tv, doesn't use the internet, and has a hearing aid that doesn't help her much, and she's slow moving. So I'm thinking something that can entertain her in bed and no not that you fucking degenerates. But can't use the internet, and should be uncomplicated but fun. But I have no idea what that would be.

What could I get her? Doesn't have to be that but I just thought that would probably be something she needs the most. Already going to be taking photos for her. I'll have to stage some family photos and make them really nice for her. Maybe take some professional ones too so everyone can be in the photo at once. Maybe I should just go out and visit her to help her out but I have so many things I wanted to do here and it would be a bit too big of a commitment for me I think. I feel so bad for her though I might just end up doing that. I never knew her growing up but I lived with her and my grandpa for a bit when I was helping my dad through chemo and she was really sweet. My grandpa treated her like shit so that adds to my sympathy for her. Gotta get a gift for him too though...I guess he deserves it even though he can be a real asshole and I really don't like the way he treats her.

Also have no idea what to get my sister for Christmas. She's vegan, into health, and likes GOT. I was thinking maybe get her a season of GOT but I can't ethically do that because of the ridiculous amount of fur they use. So I'm kind of stuck. She already has plenty of cook books I think. I don't want to JUST get her money. At least one little thing that's nice for her. I gotta get these things fast too because there's only a week left and I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for shipping.
 #89858  by kocher
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 am
Demeter wrote:

Also have no idea what to get my sister for Christmas. She's vegan, into health, and likes GOT. I was thinking maybe get her a season of GOT but I can't ethically do that because of the ridiculous amount of fur they use. So I'm kind of stuck. She already has plenty of cook books I think. I don't want to JUST get her money. At least one little thing that's nice for her. I gotta get these things fast too because there's only a week left and I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for shipping.
Nathalie Emmanuel is a vegan and the biggest babe on the show. Refuses to wear real animal products. Not sure how many Missandei gifts are out there though. Get your grandma a fidget spinner.
 #89896  by HolidayFriday
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:21 am
Get them all accounts wherever it is that you have guys paying you tons of money to just sit there. How could it go wrong?
 #89899  by joecaca
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 am
Get her a cat from the shelter. You'll save an animal and your grandma will get company. If she's in good enough shape she could have a dog which would also be good protection.
ES,
Caca
 #89902  by JohnnyP
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 am
Demeter wrote:
What should I get my grandma for Christmas? I feel awful because she's very lonely right now - she called me the other night saying she would love phone calls and photos. She was in a nursing home but moved back into her home and has a caregiver but my grandpa is in the hospital right now so she's all alone at night. She doesn't watch tv, doesn't use the internet, and has a hearing aid that doesn't help her much, and she's slow moving. So I'm thinking something that can entertain her in bed and no not that you fucking degenerates. But can't use the internet, and should be uncomplicated but fun. But I have no idea what that would be.

What could I get her? Doesn't have to be that but I just thought that would probably be something she needs the most. Already going to be taking photos for her. I'll have to stage some family photos and make them really nice for her. Maybe take some professional ones too so everyone can be in the photo at once. Maybe I should just go out and visit her to help her out but I have so many things I wanted to do here and it would be a bit too big of a commitment for me I think. I feel so bad for her though I might just end up doing that. I never knew her growing up but I lived with her and my grandpa for a bit when I was helping my dad through chemo and she was really sweet. My grandpa treated her like shit so that adds to my sympathy for her. Gotta get a gift for him too though...I guess he deserves it even though he can be a real asshole and I really don't like the way he treats her.

These are all the rage in nursing homes right now.
BDR529, Anthrax666 liked this
 #89905  by almostapathetic
 Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:18 am
JohnnyP wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 am

These are all the rage in nursing homes right now.
Pirate takes one to work every day. He wears a thong so it doesn't fall out when he bends over to empty bedpans.
BDR529, JohnnyP liked this