• I may have found the location of a real buried treasure (and there are 9 more out there)

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #105508  by dropofahat
 Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:07 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 pm
Some of the "Expedition Unknown" episodes are entirely about Josh Gates wanting treasure :lol:

Anyhow, if Josh Gates couldn't find them with all of his connections, they probably aren't going to be found.
The one thing I think the producers would be helpful with is getting permission to dig. As far as "connections" actually solving the puzzle, not so much.
 #105562  by HolidayFriday
 Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:21 pm
dropofahat wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:07 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 pm
Some of the "Expedition Unknown" episodes are entirely about Josh Gates wanting treasure :lol:

Anyhow, if Josh Gates couldn't find them with all of his connections, they probably aren't going to be found.
The one thing I think the producers would be helpful with is getting permission to dig. As far as "connections" actually solving the puzzle, not so much.
Well, he would have access to any and all information including hard-to-find clues and "folk lore". That's generally how his searches begin - like when they looked for the treasure that Japanese General supposedly ditched in the Philippines? They had all the people and information available to them right off the top.
 #105667  by dropofahat
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:19 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:21 pm
Well, he would have access to any and all information including hard-to-find clues and "folk lore". That's generally how his searches begin - like when they looked for the treasure that Japanese General supposedly ditched in the Philippines? They had all the people and information available to them right off the top.
Rrrriiiight, and he always finds treasure that way.

From what I've seen and read, anyone who follows only the existing interpretations of clues isn't going to find the NYC casque - Josh Gates did exactly that on the show, and got exactly nowhere.

There are competing theories, very few of which cover all the "clues" and the "harder to find" clues tend to be further down their own rabbit hole. There is one particular bias that the treasure hunters in this group tend to have that I think is why they have failed so far.