• Dumb-dumb plan #398: Steel and Aluminum tariffs

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #119545  by Hakik
 Thu May 31, 2018 8:29 am
President Le Dumb-dumb is imposing tariffs on aluminum and steel from Canada, Europe, and Mexico.

That's a great plan if you just want to increase the price of steel and aluminum and everything that needs to use it, and get trade retaliations from those countries. Enjoy much more expensive consumer goods and reduced purchasing power.

Meanwhile the stock market went down another 240 points.

Gosh, I wonder how this guy ended up with so many bankruptcies. He seems to have such a good grasp on business and the economy. :roll:
cunnalingus, joecaca, pirate liked this
 #120937  by ashman
 Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:26 pm
Sooo, I didn't vote for Trump, but if you look @ Stock market statistics from last year to this year... it's gone up roughly 4 thou?

I'm in the steel industry & he's gotten businesses buying up material left & right. People are coming around to the idea of opening the plants back up. I'm interested to see what he's going to get moving in this Country.

Business has been great for my industry so far.
JohnnyP liked this
 #120939  by Hakik
 Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:37 pm
ashman wrote:
Sooo, I didn't vote for Trump, but if you look @ Stock market statistics from last year to this year... it's gone up roughly 4 thou?

I'm in the steel industry & he's gotten businesses buying up material left & right. People are coming around to the idea of opening the plants back up. I'm interested to see what he's going to get moving in this Country.

The stock market is overinflated and overpriced. The whole marked is running on fumes, with the whole thing just going with the momentum of the bull run that started since 2009, and went crazy in January 2016. Traders are just all on a bull high from making so much money in the past 9 years, not realizing they've overestimated the market and the worth of all these company. Crash incoming in 6, 5, 4 month...
 #120943  by JohnnyP
 Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 pm
Hakik wrote:
ashman wrote:

The stock market is overinflated and overpriced. The whole marked is running on fumes, with the whole thing just going with the momentum of the bull run that started since 2009, and went crazy in January 2016. Traders are just all on a bull high from making so much money in the past 9 years, not realizing they're overestimate the market and the worth of all these company. Crash incoming in 6, 5, 4 month...
Youve already seen a correction taking place with the fed increasing interest rates and investors finding the bond market an attractive alternate to stocks. It will likely continue as interest rates go up. That also minimizes the chances of large corrections.
 #120946  by Hakik
 Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 pm
Hakik wrote:
ashman wrote:

The stock market is overinflated and overpriced. The whole marked is running on fumes, with the whole thing just going with the momentum of the bull run that started since 2009, and went crazy in January 2016. Traders are just all on a bull high from making so much money in the past 9 years, not realizing they're overestimate the market and the worth of all these company. Crash incoming in 6, 5, 4 month...
Youve already seen a correction taking place with the fed increasing interest rates and investors finding the bond market an attractive alternate to stocks. It will likely continue as interest rates go up. That also minimizes the chances of large corrections.
People have been overpaying for blue chip stocks for a while now, and have become way too optimistic. This market is just too damn expensive.

Small corrections may just delay the inevitable. But the inevitable is already overdue. There's gonna be a crash. In fact, we may already be in the early phase of a crash. The Dow has been dipping wildly, just like at the beginning of previous crashes.