• Dumb-dumb plan #398: Steel and Aluminum tariffs

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #121354  by kocher
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:50 pm
BDR529 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:01 pm
That's so liberal of you to come back with that lame statement. Actually Obama and his cronies (read: Clinton Foundation) and others made so much more while pilfering our uranium deposits and infrastructure. Trump's business dealings are outside of his presidency....hell, he isn't even taking his paychecks. How many paychecks did Bongo give back?

You really do try and dredge up anything you can no matter how absurd and fabricated. Keep resisting man...it's a pleasure to watch. :lol:
The Uranium One deal required a unanimous decision among 9 individual agencies, Clinton didn't even actively engage in the discussion of its approval. But that's still not Obama. If I were a billionaire I'd reject 400k too.
 #121359  by BDR529
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:32 pm
Hakik wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:34 pm

I was a big fan of Trump. I used to watch the Apprentice. But even if you're a die hard conservative, you can't deny that he has no idea what he's doing at this point, he keeps flip flopping around and making bad decisions left and right. This is basic Economy 101, and it looks like he skipped that class in college. Most experts, except the few that have their heads too far up Trump's ass, all agree that he's fucking things up.

But don't take my word for it. See where we will be economically in less than a year.

Can't say I didn't warn you guys. Better jump off that Trump train and save your money, while you can still sell at ATH.
It's always amazing to me when you post stuff like this that has absolutely no basis in fact. Funny how this "buffoon" and his crew of ass-kissers have managed to bring us to 4% GDP in less than 500 days....something Obama couldn't do in 8 years. Yeah, the guy has struggled a bit with the pomp and circumstance of politics, but he's not a politician and certainly isn't as polished and slick as Obama or Clinton. However, he's managed to surround himself with very savvy foreign policy experts and domestic economists and is letting them repair the damage from the last 8 years. But most experts see nothing to point towards the economy bombing and in fact, they see even more of an upturn once all of this posturing with tariffs and trade blows over and we get on with the business of things.

I don't know what you do for a living Hakik...or where you get your anti-Trump musings from, but I've found most if not all of the stuff you post in this regard to be total hogwash. We get it, you hate the guy. Noted.

kocher wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:50 pm
The Uranium One deal required a unanimous decision among 9 individual agencies, Clinton didn't even actively engage in the discussion of its approval. But that's still not Obama. If I were a billionaire I'd reject 400k too.
Yeah....9 individual agencies all under the Obama administration. After seeing the amount of partisan shenanigans going on in the FBI, IRS, EPA, DOD and this phony Russia-collusion investigation is it any question that every agency under Obama was tainted? Plus all of them fully expected Hillary to be the next president so all of it would never come into question. Sadly, probably nothing will happen to either Clinton or Obama...Washington doesn't eat their own. But they definitely are exposed. It won't be so easy the next time.
 #121364  by Kumacho
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:39 pm
BDR529 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:18 pm
I'm just glad the lot of you armchair economists aren't running the show for the U.S. There are some extremely intelligent people that are running things though and the fact that they've all made huge fortunes in their real lives shouldn't be over looked. Of course, you anti-Trumpers are quick to seize upon anything you can to disparage the administration and the President. From Hakik posting his gloom and doom bullshit graphs from god-knows-where to all you Canadian cucks stirring the pot in conversations about a country that you supposedly don't care about.

In the immortal words of Aaron Rogers....relax. All of this is posturing...the world players know they can't succeed without the might of the U.S. economy. Why don't you give things a chance to develop and iron out before you shit kittens. Oh, I forgot....because it's Trump ;)
North Korea is foreign policy. China is as well, but finance is a much larger part.

Either way; economic sanctions have gutted NK. Why let them off the hook now?
 #121369  by JohnnyP
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm
Kumacho wrote:
BDR529 wrote:
I'm just glad the lot of you armchair economists aren't running the show for the U.S. There are some extremely intelligent people that are running things though and the fact that they've all made huge fortunes in their real lives shouldn't be over looked. Of course, you anti-Trumpers are quick to seize upon anything you can to disparage the administration and the President. From Hakik posting his gloom and doom bullshit graphs from god-knows-where to all you Canadian cucks stirring the pot in conversations about a country that you supposedly don't care about.

In the immortal words of Aaron Rogers....relax. All of this is posturing...the world players know they can't succeed without the might of the U.S. economy. Why don't you give things a chance to develop and iron out before you shit kittens. Oh, I forgot....because it's Trump ;)
North Korea is foreign policy. China is as well, but finance is a much larger part.

We are dropping economic sanctions on North Korea? When did this happen?
 #121372  by joecaca
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:42 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Kumacho wrote:
BDR529 wrote:

Lol what the fuck? Are you serious?
Tim_Kerr liked this
 #121381  by BDR529
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Not that I've seen. In fact, Pompeo was just on a day or so ago saying that sanctions will remain until they de-nuke. Of course, I'm sure Hakik can produce some kind of graph or article saying otherwise. :roll:
 #121384  by kocher
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:27 pm
BDR529 wrote:
Plus all of them fully expected Hillary to be the next president so all of it would never come into question.
Fascinating. But the FBI had already launched an investigation into the deal a month before the election.
 #121387  by BDR529
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:43 pm
kocher wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:27 pm
Fascinating. But the FBI had already launched an investigation into the deal a month before the election.
yeah....the FBI....with Lynch, Comey, Strzok and company still at the helm. I'm sure that was totally above board. :lol:
 #121572  by covfefe
 Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:43 am
BDR529 wrote:
It's always amazing to me when you post stuff like this that has absolutely no basis in fact. Funny how this "buffoon" and his crew of ass-kissers have managed to bring us to 4% GDP in less than 500 days....something Obama couldn't do in 8 years.
I don't think GDP growth is a good measure of much. But if you think it is, note that GDP growth has been at and above 4% a bunch of times in the past 10 years.