• Aretha Franklin funeral bishop apologizes for 'groping' Grande

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #129565  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:03 pm
kocher wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:46 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 pm
Fact Checker sites are just another layer of disinformation that try give the perception of legitimacy.
So what about when they corroborate popular conservative talking points, are they adding a layer of disinformation there?
JohnnyP wrote: Obama lying about the specifics of Obamacare.
PolitiFact has named "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," the Lie of the Year for 2013. Readers in a separate online poll overwhelmingly agreed with the choice...

...Yet Obama never adjusted his rhetoric to give people a more accurate sense of the law’s real-world repercussions, even as fact-checkers flagged his statements as exaggerated at best.
I'm guessing not.

I'm not pretending Snopes or Politifact are beacons of truth, they obviously lean liberal, but if that's your qualification for immediate dismissal, that's ignorance. Let's not act like the YouTube personalities you post are any better.
In order for Politifact or any other "truth detector" to exist they must hate Trump and tag everything he says or does as worse than anything Hitler and the Nazis ever did.

Or am I overstating things?
 #129573  by JohnnyP
 Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:22 pm
kocher wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:
Fact Checker sites are just another layer of disinformation that try give the perception of legitimacy.
So what about when they corroborate popular conservative talking points, are they adding a layer of disinformation there?
PolitiFact has named "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," the Lie of the Year for 2013. Readers in a separate online poll overwhelmingly agreed with the choice...

...Yet Obama never adjusted his rhetoric to give people a more accurate sense of the law’s real-world repercussions, even as fact-checkers flagged his statements as exaggerated at best.
I'm guessing not.

I'm not pretending Snopes or Politifact are beacons of truth, they obviously lean liberal, but if that's your qualification for immediate dismissal, that's ignorance. Let's not act like the YouTube personalities you post are any better.
They are better considering they don't lie about their biases.
BDR529, Slutina liked this
 #129580  by kocher
 Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:34 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
kocher wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:

I'm guessing not.

#129587  by JohnnyP
 Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:40 pm
kocher wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:34 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
kocher wrote:

I'm guessing not.

You have proof otherwise? Then post it.
BDR529 liked this