• Van Life

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #130791  by Kumacho
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:11 am
Demeter wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:37 pm
I've never taken a shit in a trash bin. That toilet will just be used at night when there are no public bathrooms open, and I'll dispose of any waste ASAP. Also, I'll be showering at least once a day at the gym, and eventually I'll even hook up a little sink that can double as an outdoor shower if I ever go camping. The wipes will also come in handy at night/early in the morning. And one of the reasons van life appeals so much to me is because cleanliness is so important to me. I'm so exhausted from living with dirty people. It forces me to constantly be agitated because I'm tempted to clean up after them but at the same time it's so fucking gross I don't want to touch it, and shouldn't have to.
Live in a van and that will eventually be something you have to do. When you have less than 100 square feet of living space, you gotta shit where you can.

Why homeless? Nobody left to mooch off of? Did they all wise up to your ASPD and send you packing? I hear you can easily build a 500 square foot mansion under an overpass using just cardboard, tinfoil and garbage bags.
 #130792  by happysock
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 am
Kumacho wrote:
Demeter wrote:
I've never taken a shit in a trash bin. That toilet will just be used at night when there are no public bathrooms open, and I'll dispose of any waste ASAP. Also, I'll be showering at least once a day at the gym, and eventually I'll even hook up a little sink that can double as an outdoor shower if I ever go camping. The wipes will also come in handy at night/early in the morning. And one of the reasons van life appeals so much to me is because cleanliness is so important to me. I'm so exhausted from living with dirty people. It forces me to constantly be agitated because I'm tempted to clean up after them but at the same time it's so fucking gross I don't want to touch it, and shouldn't have to.
Live in a van and that will eventually be something you have to do. When you have less than 100 square feet of living space, you gotta shit where you can.

Why homeless? Nobody left to mooch off of? Did they all wise up to your ASPD and send you packing? I hear you can easily build a 500 square foot mansion under an overpass using just cardboard, tinfoil and garbage bags.
I used the kitty litter once, but my mom plus her 2pm boyfriend got really mad. I need my own toilet in the basement. :cry:

Plus where will you store all your mountain dew? :shock:
 #130796  by Demeter
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:44 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Demeter wrote:

I'm moving to go to university, and where I'm moving, rent is beyond ridiculous. Roommates are basically guaranteed to make me want to rip my hair out. I'm sensitive to smells, especially from cooking animal products (plus with that there's the whole being forced to inhale the particles of tortured animals that I reeeally don't like and will force me to leave for hours at a time whenever they choose to cook something), incense, anything strong or gross. That alone is basically guaranteed to make my life a living hell with virtually any roommate. Then I also am sensitive to sounds, especially doors opening too quickly or too loudly will give me a panic attack. So living with multiple people as I would have to with the astronomical rent, would really suck. Then top that off with them almost undoubtedly making messes I'll feel like I need to clean up but don't want to because it's nasty, and any other annoyances that come with living with a typical person, and I would struggle to keep my sanity while also PAYING to put myself through that hell.

So, van life is a way better option for me. So I have to dump my poo if I go at night, that's nothing compared to what I'd be dealing with if I was renting. And if I rented with males, it would be just as dangerous as living in my van, probably even more dangerous.

And honestly I feel like renting a place is more like being homeless. With my van, at least I'll actually OWN something. Renting is just throwing away huge amounts of money for being allowed to sleep in a certain spot. It's not a home. I've never felt like I had a home when I was renting. Nothing was mine. It's basically glorified homeless shelters. Homeless shelters are probably even cleaner than the places I've been.
BDR529 liked this
 #130797  by Kumacho
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Demeter wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:44 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Demeter wrote:

I'm moving to go to university, and where I'm moving, rent is beyond ridiculous. Roommates are basically guaranteed to make me want to rip my hair out. I'm sensitive to smells, especially from cooking animal products (plus with that there's the whole being forced to inhale the particles of tortured animals that I reeeally don't like and will force me to leave for hours at a time whenever they choose to cook something), incense, anything strong or gross. That alone is basically guaranteed to make my life a living hell with virtually any roommate. Then I also am sensitive to sounds, especially doors opening too quickly or too loudly will give me a panic attack. So living with multiple people as I would have to with the astronomical rent, would really suck. Then top that off with them almost undoubtedly making messes I'll feel like I need to clean up but don't want to because it's nasty, and any other annoyances that come with living with a typical person, and I would struggle to keep my sanity while also PAYING to put myself through that hell.

So, van life is a way better option for me. So I have to dump my poo if I go at night, that's nothing compared to what I'd be dealing with if I was renting. And if I rented with males, it would be just as dangerous as living in my van, probably even more dangerous.

And honestly I feel like renting a place is more like being homeless. With my van, at least I'll actually OWN something. Renting is just throwing away huge amounts of money for being allowed to sleep in a certain spot. It's not a home. I've never felt like I had a home when I was renting. Nothing was mine. It's basically glorified homeless shelters. Homeless shelters are probably even cleaner than the places I've been.
How very ASPD of you. Your diagnosis is almost complete. Please tell me more.
cunnalingus liked this
 #130803  by Demeter
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:07 pm
I'm not a psychiatrist or anything, but you're the one making things up just so you can criticize me when I've done nothing to you and am just talking about how excited I am. Maybe saying I have ASPD is your way of trying to relate to someone. Sorry but I don't have ASPD.
BDR529 liked this
 #130810  by cunnalingus
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:59 pm
Demeter wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:07 pm
I'm not a psychiatrist or anything, but you're the one making things up just so you can criticize me when I've done nothing to you and am just talking about how excited I am. Maybe saying I have ASPD is your way of trying to relate to someone. Sorry but I don't have ASPD.
I think you’re right about that. You’re so far to the left on the autism spectrum they haven’t even named your disorder yet.
 #130814  by happysock
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:58 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:49 pm
I can see an old, homeless, demeter in 20 years pushing a shopping cart and talking to herself. "It was those damn carnists!!"
JohnnyP would suck her dick for free. :)