• New Ice Age is here

• Where the enlightened come to discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
Where the enlightened come to discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
 #93967  by kocher
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm
My two cents:

They haven't explained that natural climate drivers are the biggest cause of climate change. Water vapor, solar activity, and numerous natural gasses such as methane make up the bulk of why our climate is changing.

Maybe they don't like telling the general public that there's nothing that can be done about it?

The fact is that CO2 is only responsible for about 2% of the greenhouse effect. They say that the 2% creates a bit of warmth that melts the ice caps a little more and causes a little more of the water vapor that is the most abundant and powerful greenhouse gas, but they don't say that the water vapor or other gasses would do the same thing - creating warmth and making more of the water vapor. It seems like the percentage of their roll in the creation of new vapor would be equal to their percentage in the greenhouse effect. Am I wrong?

When the Obama Administration moved to rid the world of manmade CO2, it was discovered that removing the CO2 would take about eighty years and bring the global average temperature down as much as one degree (in accordance with their global warming models were it rises about ten), but it was also discovered that over the following five years, the temperature will have risen as much as the one degree we fixed. All we'd have done is postponed it.

So... I think we should start looking at what to do about inevitable changes rather than pretending we cause them or can stop them.

But of course, that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.
Water vapor and CO2 don't operate in the same way. Water vapor returns to Earth in under a week, CO2 can stay for hundreds of years after being emitted into the atmosphere. The amount of water vapor we have in the air corresponds to temperature, any excess would precipitate, as opposed to the gradual incline of CO2.

As for what we can do to prevent it, who gives a shit. The human race isn't so important that we need protect its existence. I don't think the results would be worth sacrificing convenience and efficiency.
 #93970  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:01 pm
kocher wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:
My two cents:

They haven't explained that natural climate drivers are the biggest cause of climate change. Water vapor, solar activity, and numerous natural gasses such as methane make up the bulk of why our climate is changing.

Maybe they don't like telling the general public that there's nothing that can be done about it?

The fact is that CO2 is only responsible for about 2% of the greenhouse effect. They say that the 2% creates a bit of warmth that melts the ice caps a little more and causes a little more of the water vapor that is the most abundant and powerful greenhouse gas, but they don't say that the water vapor or other gasses would do the same thing - creating warmth and making more of the water vapor. It seems like the percentage of their roll in the creation of new vapor would be equal to their percentage in the greenhouse effect. Am I wrong?

When the Obama Administration moved to rid the world of manmade CO2, it was discovered that removing the CO2 would take about eighty years and bring the global average temperature down as much as one degree (in accordance with their global warming models were it rises about ten), but it was also discovered that over the following five years, the temperature will have risen as much as the one degree we fixed. All we'd have done is postponed it.

So... I think we should start looking at what to do about inevitable changes rather than pretending we cause them or can stop them.

Water vapor and CO2 don't operate in the same way. Water vapor returns to Earth in under a week, CO2 can stay for hundreds of years after being emitted into the atmosphere. The amount of water vapor we have in the air corresponds to temperature, any excess would precipitate, as opposed to the gradual incline of CO2.

As for what we can do to prevent it, who gives a shit. The human race isn't so important that we need protect its existence. I don't think the results would be worth sacrificing convenience and efficiency.
Man pollutes the planet so man goes extinct for being such a dickhead species, exactly as it should be. So why are environmentalists trying to postpone the inevitable?
 #93971  by kocher
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:07 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:01 pm
kocher wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:
My two cents:

Man pollutes the planet so man goes extinct for being such a dickhead species, exactly as it should be. So why are environmentalists trying to postpone the inevitable?
I agree. Life is for stupid baby heads and we should coast into our respective dooms with bong in hand.
 #93973  by cunnalingus
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:13 pm
Weed for for gays and blacks though! Now crystal Methamphetamine and cocaine! Thats a white mans drug! (Note: Trailer park a must)
 #93975  by JohnnyP
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 pm
Below normal temps are also occurring in Europe and Asia. It snowed in the Sahara desert a couple of days ago. Solar minimum is the cause. Specific areas experiencing arctic outbreaks are due to atmospheric oscillations and are cyclical. Overall, we are in for a 30-50 year cooling trend and this is just the beginning. 🌬
 #93977  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm
kocher wrote:
I agree. Life is for stupid baby heads and we should coast into our respective dooms with bong in hand.

I had to quit smoking my bong because the condo lawyers said my secondhand smoke was causing structural damage to the building.
 #93984  by Kumacho
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:13 pm
Weed for for gays and blacks though! Now crystal Methamphetamine and cocaine! Thats a white mans drug! (Note: Trailer park a must)
Hey now. I'm neither gay or black. Unless you count that one time in college where I experimented and pretended to be black for a week.
 #93987  by HolidayFriday
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:24 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm
kocher wrote:

I had to quit smoking my bong because the condo lawyers said my secondhand smoke was causing structural damage to the building.
Well yeah... several thousand metric tons of any kind of smoke will do that.
 #94006  by Tim_Kerr
 Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 pm
Below normal temps are also occurring in Europe and Asia. It snowed in the Sahara desert a couple of days ago. Solar minimum is the cause. Specific areas experiencing arctic outbreaks are due to atmospheric oscillations and are cyclical. Overall, we are in for a 30-50 year cooling trend and this is just the beginning. 🌬
This is retarded even by your standards ;) ;) ;) :(
since 2010, the last 8 years have all made it in the top 10 hottest years since accurate temperature recording.
Global cooling only happens if u drink Fox News kool-aid?

2017 Could Be among Hottest on Record