• What are you listening to?

• Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
 #131029  by Tim_Kerr
 Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:46 am
BDR529 liked this
 #131135  by lemmiwinx
 Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:54 pm
50's era white boy can carry tune you have to admit. He died in a low tech mugging outside his apt like John Lennon.

#131145  by lemmiwinx
 Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:25 pm
Ronny_Slobs wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:09 pm
I've been catching up on Pink Floyd all this week. Animals, Shine on you crazy diamond, Pigs, all kind of good shit. So relaxing.
You can't go wrong with the Floyd. You know they've been knighted by the Queen of England herself.

#131155  by Ronny_Slobs
 Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:41 pm
I did not know this. I will have to investigate on my phone for you-tube is blocked at work, on my security job, how cruel.

Added in 6 minutes 39 seconds:
Interesting: David Bowie was to be knighted in 2003 but refused. What a studd muffin.

Pink Floyd the band istelf wasn't knighted you cunt, it was :

Bob Geldof, KBE
Although many consider the “British Elvis” Cliff Richard to be the first knighted pop star, that honor actually falls to Boomtown Rats frontman and Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof. The singer and activist was knighted in 1986 because of his work on behalf of famine relief. The only catch is that he’s technically not “Sir Bob,” a title reserved for British citizens. As an Irishman, Geldof is allowed to follow his name with the initials KBE (Knight Commander of the British Empire).

I think he had something to do with "Feed the world, let the them know it's Christmas time again" thing for Live AIDS. To be honest, that it my favorite Christmas song ever. So good on him. Prolly suck his dick if I ever met'em. Hollah.
 #131253  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm
Ronny_Slobs wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:48 pm
I did not know this. I will have to investigate on my phone for you-tube is blocked at work, on my security job, how cruel.

Added in 6 minutes 39 seconds:
Interesting: David Bowie was to be knighted in 2003 but refused. What a studd muffin.

Pink Floyd the band istelf wasn't knighted you cunt, it was :

Bob Geldof, KBE
Although many consider the “British Elvis” Cliff Richard to be the first knighted pop star, that honor actually falls to Boomtown Rats frontman and Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof. The singer and activist was knighted in 1986 because of his work on behalf of famine relief. The only catch is that he’s technically not “Sir Bob,” a title reserved for British citizens. As an Irishman, Geldof is allowed to follow his name with the initials KBE (Knight Commander of the British Empire).

I think he had something to do with "Feed the world, let the them know it's Christmas time again" thing for Live AIDS. To be honest, that it my favorite Christmas song ever. So good on him. Prolly suck his dick if I ever met'em. Hollah.
It was a super secret beknighting in the early seventies. The Queen loved Roger Waters and the rest of the band. It was done in secret because the Beatles were also being beknighted about the same time and they didn't want a conflict. I'm sure google has purged any relevant docs from view by now.
 #131302  by lemmiwinx
 Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 am
Ronny_Slobs wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm
Fuck that cunt ( The Queen of England ) She should have ballsed up and had a knighting orgy with everyone of both bands. Scuzzy cunt.
British royals don't report to anyone they do what they fucking please. It's always been that way.