#127035  by Demeter
 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 pm
PastorX wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:44 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm
Whatever you do don't get this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yog ... lsrc=aw.ds

It fried in less than a year and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It overheats ridiculously easily. Happened to fry the night before orientation day for my new school too and I had to bring a laptop. Got stuck carrying my old 20 lb laptop for miles in the blazing sun but I'm glad I at least had it for backup otherwise I would have been totally screwed thanks to Lenovo. I don't even want to think about all the information that was probably destroyed yet. I'm going to try to get Lenovo to repair it but I imagine it's going to be a pain in the ass.
Who the hell buys an i5 laptop. That processor is old as fuck. You got what you paid for.

Holyshit, it doesn't even have a decent video card. OMFG are you stupid?
My $250 Intel Pentium laptop has lasted like 4 times as long as this $750 piece of shit. How was I supposed to know? Also I'm not made of money. $750 was at the top of my budget. I thought I was making a good investment.
 #127038  by happysock
 Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:15 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 pm
PastorX wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:44 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm
Whatever you do don't get this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yog ... lsrc=aw.ds

It fried in less than a year and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It overheats ridiculously easily. Happened to fry the night before orientation day for my new school too and I had to bring a laptop. Got stuck carrying my old 20 lb laptop for miles in the blazing sun but I'm glad I at least had it for backup otherwise I would have been totally screwed thanks to Lenovo. I don't even want to think about all the information that was probably destroyed yet. I'm going to try to get Lenovo to repair it but I imagine it's going to be a pain in the ass.
Who the hell buys an i5 laptop. That processor is old as fuck. You got what you paid for.

Holyshit, it doesn't even have a decent video card. OMFG are you stupid?
My $250 Intel Pentium laptop has lasted like 4 times as long as this $750 piece of shit. How was I supposed to know? Also I'm not made of money. $750 was at the top of my budget. I thought I was making a good investment.
Sucks it’s dick. :D
cunnalingus liked this
 #127058  by pirate
 Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:49 pm
Laptops aren’t designed to sit on big sweaty thighs and have your fat hands sit on top of them. Of course it would overheat, what do you expect? They’re only designed for normal use and average sized people.

GFY,
Spider
 #127065  by george_michaeI
 Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 pm
pirate wrote:
Laptops aren’t designed to sit on big sweaty thighs and have your fat hands sit on top of them. Of course it would overheat, what do you expect? They’re only designed for normal use and average sized people.

GFY,
Spider
You have a point. Lots of delicate circuitry inside those things and it needs proper ventilation. I can imagine all her vegan food crumbs stuck between the keys. Pet owners have the dirtiest laptops full of cat hair and screens covered in greasy finger prints. No wonder her shit broke because she can't take care of it. Typical white spoiled kids
 #127066  by Demeter
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:21 am
george_michaeI wrote:
pirate wrote:

GFY,
Spider
You have a point. Lots of delicate circuitry inside those things and it needs proper ventilation. I can imagine all her vegan food crumbs stuck between the keys. Pet owners have the dirtiest laptops full of cat hair and screens covered in greasy finger prints. No wonder her shit broke because she can't take care of it. Typical white spoiled kids
I have a keyboard cover so my keyboard is spotless. I took good care of it except I meant to buy a new fan to put underneath it because the one I had before was cheap as hell and was shipped to me already broken, but I put it off because I'm gonna be super poor soon.
 #127090  by george_michaeI
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 am
Demeter wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:21 am
george_michaeI wrote:
pirate wrote:

GFY,
Spider
I have a keyboard cover so my keyboard is spotless. I took good care of it except I meant to buy a new fan to put underneath it because the one I had before was cheap as hell and was shipped to me already broken, but I put it off because I'm gonna be super poor soon.
I just wanted to say If you need quick cash, are there any blood plasma donation centers near by? You could make $80 a week if you meet the requirements. Also that laptop looks really thin, they bend easy from being in book bags and being tossed around on the regular. Which my guess is a trace on the motherboard may have broken or needs resoldering. If you buy another thin laptop I recommend putting it in a hard case for extra support when transporting it to help avoid any damage in the future.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... puter.html
Last edited by george_michaeI on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #127139  by joecaca
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 pm
So now I'm thinking macbook pro vs Del XPS 13 vs Huawei MateBook X Pro... they're all screwingly expensive and it pisses me off doe. Fuck you.
Caca
 #127140  by JenkemBag
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm
pirate wrote:

GFY,
Spider
no u